3 Day Budget Masai Mara Safari
For the budget conscious traveler, we offer a cheaper Masai Mara safari which uses budget type accommodation typically located just outside of the main Masai Mara Reserve.
The Itinerary and Prices are listed below for 2020- 2021 season.
The safari is booked as a Private tour but Group departures may be possible based on your travel dates.
A typical Safari Itinerary is listed below.
Note that prices vary depending on the month or season of travel, with July to October being peak season while April to mid June is low season.
Day 01 Start of your Safari from Nairobi
- Your driver-guide reports to your hotel for Start of the safari, with a 7.30am departure for a picturesque drive descending the Great Rift Valley and onwards to Masai Mara, Kenya's famous game reserve. ( Drive time 5.5 hours).
- You will be in your own private safari vehicle.
- Stop briefly enroute at the Great Rift Valley viewpoint to enjoy the stunning views of the largest Valley system in the world, said to be visible from outer space.
- Arrive at Masai Mara for lunch.
- The afternoon game drive at 3.30pm allows spotting of the magnificent wildlife in the park ranging from the Big Cats such as lion, leopard & cheetah to rhino, elephant and wildebeest. Return to your lodge by 6.30pm.
- Dinner and overnight at Fisi Camp or similar.
Day 02 Enjoy a Full day in Masai Mara
- You will be taken on two gamedrives today, one in the morning from 6.15am to 9am, before breakfast and the other in the late afternoon after lunch from 3.30pm to 6.30pm.
- As your safari is private your gamedrive timings are flexible, useful if you are travelling with children, or are on a honeymoon.
- You may also choose to have a full day game drive [ one for the whole day] with a packed picnic lunch at no extra cost.
- Return in the evening for dinner and overnight at the lodge. Dinner and overnight at Fisi Camp or similar.
Day 03 Return to Nairobi
- At the break of dawn you embark on your concluding gamedrive in the Mara followed by a relaxed breakfast and onward departure for Nairobi.
- Arrive Nairobi by early afternoon [ typically by 2.30pm] .
- Drop off at your hotel, or free onward transfer to the airport for your flight home.
- You may also see a more general Safari itinerary here Masai Mara Safari with more options of camps and lodges in Masai Mara during the 3 day Safari.